Following University guidance, all user operations in NUANCE facilities (EPIC, Keck-II, SPID, NUFAB, BioCryo) will cease at 5pm today, Friday, March 20th. We will remain closed until at least April 4th, 2020.
Throughout the shutdown, the following are in effect:
1. No users will be allowed into the any of the labs.
2. All instruments and tools will be put into ‘hibernation’ mode.
3. Technical staff will not be available to assist with any on-site activities.
4. Technical staff are able to discuss ongoing and future projects via email, phone and web communications.
NUANCE staff are working closely with Northwestern’s central administration and will continue to monitor the University’s response as it continues to develop.
We will notify users as soon as we know that we are able to resume research operations. In the meantime, please continue to reference Northwestern’s official response at these locations:
Overall Northwestern COVID-19 page:
• This will continue to be the primary source of information and updates
• The FAQs are being continually updated as more information is made available and the situation evolves
Northwestern Research COVID-19 page:
• This aggregates a number of research specific communications and updates
We hope that you and loved ones are all safe and remain healthy over the coming weeks.
Best wishes and warmest regards,
-NUFAB & NUANCE Staff
Follow the registration procedure on the right if you are interested in using NUFAB. Send any questions or comments to email@example.com.
What is NUFAB?
NUFAB is a central micro/nano fabrication facility in Northwestern University. It provides the whole range of nanofabrication equipment and technical expertise to Northwestern as well as external academic and industrial researchers. We support research in all areas of science, engineering, medicine, and interdisciplinary fields. We are a growing facility with a capability to accommodate research in new directions.
Our state-of-the-art equipment is located in a 6000 square-foot class-100 clean room with laminar airflow. The attached technical staff offices and a meeting/conference room with windows looking into the clean room provide easy accessibility.
NUFAB is a partner in Northwestern University’s NNCI node and welcomes external academic and industry users. Nantional Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure is a National Science Foundation‘s program to advance nanotechnology research.